Friday, March 31, 2006

Picnics in March!



Last weekend when we were driving back to Tucson from L.A., I was reading a book all about Tucson that I got as a gift from Joslin before moving. Actually, I wasn't really reading the book, as much as I was using it find trivia questions to ask Ryan and Cameron about their own hometown. For example, "What are the 5 best cafes in Tucson?"
Looking through the book made me think about when I studied abroad in Ireland and then traveled Europe and how books like that helped me and my roommmates to find so many touristy things to do to start to get a feel for a city. I decided that I wanted to treat Tucson the same way and see all the sights that there are to see in Tucson. I don't want to be that person that lives in NYC, but has never seen the Statue of Liberty. So, I decided that once a week we should go out and do something in Tucson to get to know where we live better!
Last Thursday, March 30th, Ryan and I decided to go to Saguaro National Park, which is only a few miles from our house. We hiked up one of the trails, and then stopped and had a picnic...using our new picnic gear from Summer (thank you!!)... It was also a celebration for 8 month anniversary (2/3 of a year already!!)...we opened our monthly pink card from our wedding, this month it was from Erin Gerber...thanks for all of your encouragement Erin!

Saguaro Cacuts...


Prickly Pear Cactus...


A lizard (we have them all around our house too!!)...


Picnic time...

No comments: