
Last night we went to a church that has open volleyball on Tuesday nights. We expected it to be a range of ages and talents and not too competitive....well, not the case. Everyone there was either in high school or college and looked as if they played volleyball on a team for years and took the game very seriously! Ryan is really good at volleyball and played on a lot of competitive teams in Boston, so he was right in his element. I, on the other hand, haven't played any form of volleyball in a few years (at least), only played for one season on the junior varsity team in high school, and even then wasn't very good...only did it to stay in shape for track....so, I was feeling a bit weak in the knees and ready to run for the door. We stayed though and played for a couple of hours...it was so much fun! I actually even dreamed about volleyball last night and told Ryan today about how much I want to go again next week! I'm by no means good on the court, in fact there were times when I thought I was going to be knocked unconscious b/c the ball was coming at me so fast and I couldn't think fast enough to hit the ball or pass it. But, aside from those times, I don't think I was detrimental to the game...kind of the neutral player...no stellar moves, but I'm not afraid of the ball (usually). :)
This afternoon there was a squirrel on our patio, but it took us about 3 minutes to determine it was a squirrel instead of a prairie dog. That's when I realized that I've lived in Tucson for quite sometime (5 months) and haven't seen squirrels in a while!! We have lots of lizards, and even some prairie dogs, but very few squirrels.

Tonight we (Lori, Grammie, Bebe (grammie's friend), Aunt Teri, Ryan and I) went to La Paloma (a fancy resort/restaurant) to hear Jim's (Aunt Teri's boyfriend's) bluegrass band play. We had appetizers and listened to the music/talked for the evening.
Just before we left to go to the resort, there was a huge lightning storm with rain, but it cleared up and left a gorgeous double rainbow that when all the way across the sky...
No comments:
Post a Comment