Harmons, Jamaica that aren't given even those 'simple' opportunities. While I'm here in the U.S., I know that I can look around me and pour out that same kind of love to neighbors, friends, family, and strangers that live nearby and are needing in different ways.
My mom and dad were in Tucson visiting when I returned from Jamaica. Ryan picked me up from the airport and we drove home to eat my favorite meal by my mom on our back patio. Their visit was very relaxing and nice. We planted some produce in the garden (squash, zucchini, strawberries, cilantro and basil), we played card games, and we went out to some favorite restaurants. One afternoon, we drove up Mt. Lemon (it takes 45 minutes to get to the top from our house). It's a beautiful scenic drive and about 20 degrees cooler at the top (something you learn to love when you live in the dessert). We had a picnic along the way and then stopped at the famous pie shop at the top.
On Easter morning we participated in a sunrise service at our friend's ranch. It was a pretty magical way to start the day watching the sun rise over the mountains. Ryan played guitar for worship, and our friend Ben led the service. Afterwards, everyone joined in a potluck breakfast.
1 comment:
Thanks for the update. Emma loved the pictures of Gram and Papa. :) Nik
Post a Comment