Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Breakfast, Birthday, Babies...

Hello!

I hope everyone is enjoying summer! On the radio today the dj said "it's going to be a cool week with temperatures only reaching the upper 90s."...eeks...even though I've already survived one summer here, I'm still not ready for what June/July/August bring! Yesterday it was 102, and today is already much cooler, with a high of 'only' 94.

Ryan spent the morning at the dog park with Lily and Stanley, while I drove to Phoenix to pick up our friend Liz and her baby, Charlene! (I knew "babies" in the title would catch everyone's attention!) I'm having one...stay with me for the week that is. :)




Thanks for everyone who voted for RH to get into the Cornerstone Music Festival this summer in Bushnell, IL! They finished in 2nd place out of 230 bands, and will be performing on the new band stage on Friday, June 29 at 4:20pm, for anyone that will be there!

On Memorial Day, Ryan and I discovered/re-discovered (I had never been there/Ryan went on a field trip growing up) Augua Caliente. It's a beautiful park near where we live that has WATER!! Up until now, I thought NO place in Tucson had water...the "rivers" are dry washes, the water falls don't fall, and the only time you can see water is if you go to someone's pool, or during monsoon season. But this park has beautiful ponds and palm trees all over the place! We brought a picnic breakfast, read, and walked around the park for the morning before all the BBQ'ers rolled in.




On Monday, Grammie celebrated her 76th birthday! There was a huge surprise party for her at Bazil's, her best-friend's restaurant.

No comments: