Thursday, August 09, 2007

Family and Friends!

My last night in Michigan was spent at the all-classy....RODEO! I have to admit that I love going to the rodeo (as someone of you may have gathered from my post in February about not getting into the Tucson Rodeo). I went with my parents, sister, and her kids. I consider my sister (Nichole) to be a very friendly person who can talk to anyone, yet would never volunteer to go on stage for anything. Which, is why I was a bit startled when she started tugging on my arm and pulled me (gently) off the bleachers to go participate in chasing cows to get the ribbon off their tails! I had the slight disadvantage of wearing flip-flops, paired with being afraid of the large charging animals, so needless to say, I did not get a ribbon...but it was fun!



My niece Emma turned 3 this past May, and she's one of the cutest kids, bubbling with personality. One of the things that makes me laugh every time I see her, is that no matter how much she grows, her crack is still too long for her body...she just can't seem to keep it tucked in those pants of hers! :)



My mom and drove to Chicago on Saturday. I met up with my friend Mira from college (who I hadn't seen in over 3 years!). She's living in a cool part of the city where block parties just seem to be a way of life...I'm glad to know the midwest is still as I left it. :)

Then, I went and stayed with my friends Megan and Donny from college. They have a wonderful family of 3 children and one on the way! It was nice to have lots of time to visit together and play with the kids!

No comments: