Saturday, March 28, 2009

Seasons...

Life has been feeling quite busy here lately. And to be honest, I don't like to feel busy. I love to be able to have time at home to hang dry my clothes, lay in bed and read, cook yummy dinners, etc. Whereas the truth right now, is that there are clothes hanging on the clothesline that have been there for at least 3 days, and every morning I just walk outside, get what I need, and then continue getting ready for work...so eventually they will all come off the line...it might just be a while. Not to mention the fact that there are 'clean' clothes in the wash that have been there since last night that need to be dried, but I just don't have the will power right now to get up and hang them (nor is there room on the line). I haven't gone grocery shopping in over a week...all we have in the fridge is eggs, tortillas, cheese, and lettuce...good thing I get free food at work! :)

Despite the busyness though, I do love my job. I was telling Ryan today that it feels like I'm doing exactly what I am meant to be doing for this season in my life. The trainees are wonderful people for me to learn from and grow with.

And, it is soo exciting to see Ryan working so hard in preparation for the cd release show. I love the passion and motivation that is springing out of him.

I'm just missing the downtime of playing boardgames, making dinner, drinking tea, and talking that we are so used to having together. Hopefully that time is just around the corner for us though.

On a random note, I feel like I'm going through the awkward middle school phase with growing out my bangs again. I got many compliments on the "Halle Berry" wanna-be hair cut, but when it came down to it, it just didn't feel "me"...so the bangs are going and I'm wearing scarfs in my hair everyday to hold the bangs back. Luckily this time around, my hair is much shorter so the process should be quicker!

2 comments:

jill + oakley said...

photos please...maybe a with and without scarf headshot (for those who don't get to see you in their day to day)? how short is it...i'm so curious now?

xoxox,
j

The Wallenfangs said...

i liked what you said about just hanging out, drinking tea, and talking. i long for those days too. looking ahead to the future as a time for peace and relaxtion...i've been saying that for awhile too, but you know what i just thought of while i was reading your post, is that tomorrow might just be as crazy or even more so than today. so maybe we have to just stop and make tomorrow what we want it. i need to do more of that. thanks for the reminder!
love,
megan