We are in California today, and though I love it here, I really wish I could be in Tucson today for a Health Care Rally that is taking place in Tucson. As I'm sure many of you have heard me talk about, health care is a continuous headache for us being that we are self-employed and pay for it out of pocket. We pay $700/month but are still not covered for any of the things we most need to be covered for because they are considered "pre-existing conditions"...therefore literally costing us thousands of dollars more a year in health care expenses.
If you are in Tucson and feel so inclined please go to the Health Care Rally happening downtown today! (sorry for the late notice)...
Where: SW Corner of Congress & Church St walking to McCain's office at the SW corner of Congress & Granada (in Tucson)
When: Thursday, Jul. 9, 2009, at 11:30 AM
What: Key Senate votes on health care are coming next week. So we're rallying at Senator John McCain's office to urge him to fight for a strong public health insurance option. We'll hear from speakers with firsthand stories about the health care crisis and deliver a massive petition to the senator's staff.
2 comments:
Love the jumping picture! Hope the tour is really great!
Also--keep up the advocacy for health care reform!!!
Peace, friend.
We need the same insurance coverage that we pay for Congress - no less.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment