Sunday, July 12, 2009

Ravioli!!

Two good friends of ours, Analisa and Natalie, have an annual Ravioli Party in San Francisco. This started 4 years ago when they were living together in this, oh so wonderful city, and has continued even though Natalie now lives in Chicago. So, when we (by we I mean Ryanhood) sent out an email saying we were going to be doing house concerts, I immediately got a call from Analisa saying she wanted to host one in conjunction with this year's ravioli party!

The fun began in the kitchen after Natalie arrived and they were able to school me on how to make ravioli from scratch. A long process (perhaps because the total to be made was 450 ravioli..not sure if this is the plural form, I think it is if you change the "i" at the end of the word to be a long "i" sound). :)

Making the dough...


Rolling it out...


Inserting filling... (pictured is meat filling, there was also a spinach filling and a cheese filling)


Fold over the dough and cut out using the "pasta bike"...


Meanwhile, smell yummy cookies as they come out of the oven (and eat many samples of dough before they go in the oven)...


And, listen to beautiful music being created (new songs in progress!)...


Finish just before sunrise...


I wish I had photos of the party where we got to consume the delicious ravioli and listen to Ryanhood in a packed living room...but my camera was hidden away and I didn't get to take any photos. It was a wonderful wonderful evening (and weekend) indeed!

Natalie is not presently here for me to get a quote from her, but if she were, I'm sure it would be, "It is soo worth the commute from Chicago for this party!".

2 comments:

Natalie said...

It is definitely worth the commute! And I assume you guys will be back for next years party as well... :)

The Wallenfangs said...

great pictures! now i feel like i was there! love you lots! megan