Monday, August 16, 2010

Michigan!

We just got back from a great trip to the midwest to visit my family. No summer is complete without a visit to a body of water (read: other than a pool) and Brown's Clearing Survivor Games (our annual family reunion gone competitive).

Ryan and I took my sister's kids to Grose Park on Crockery Lake one afternoon for a picnic and swimming. Such a place to reminisce. As a kid, I spent sooo much time in this lake at my friend Kelly's cottage. We'd swim for hours on end, have "bobbing contests", windsurf, tube, waterski, etc. My sister's kids are a ton of fun...and much activity was had. Rog and I had running contests in waist deep water, Alyssa and I had "hold your breath" contests, Lydia and I had handstand contests, Emma and I made "cakes" in the sand, and Lizzy and I just cuddled in the water.

I often had my hands free while Lydia carried Ezra around.


Ryan and Ezra relaxing.


The gang...


Exhausted from swimming...


Making "sand cakes"...


Ryan, Roger, and Ezra (in the carrier) having some guy time...


Our sweet cuddlebug...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for michigan memories! can't wait for our next time together!

love,
megan

Stephanie said...

Ezra is TOTALLY rocking those yellow sunglasses.

P.S. I like the name Ezra.

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net