Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sew long...

This past weekend it was brought to my attention that I hadn't sewn anything for our family in a looong time. Like, probably not since Ezra born. That is SEVEN months! Don't get me wrong, I love to sew sandwich bags and diapers, but I also like the satisfaction of seeing what I sew in use around our home.

So, on Saturday night...I cut up and old shirt of Ryan's and made this shirt for Ezra...




The tutorial is here. It's called the "90-minute shirt", but it definitely took me more than 90 minutes this time because I had to create the pattern, but next time I think I could do it in 90 minutes...it's ridiculously easy...and super cute! The serging is all decorative, so if you don't have a serger, fear not...you can still sew this shirt! I plan to make many more...this week (hopefully). :)

6 comments:

Eileen Short said...

I can vouch for the awesomeness of this shirt. :)

How Jess Reads said...

That shirt is awesome! And it makes E's eyes look soooo blue! Hm, might have to commission you to make some cute shirts for my E. :)

Mira Conklin said...

So cute! And great to repurpose an oldie but goodie!

Natalie said...

Such a cute shirt! Abby, you are so talented. :)

Anonymous said...

i think ezra may be the perfect combination of the two of you! all the pics are wonderful...xo, jana

Anonymous said...

He's such a cutie!
Love,
Mom