Saturday, June 10, 2006

San Francisco!

On Monday morning, Natalie, Analisa, and I packed up the bug convertible and started up the Pacific Coast Highway to San Francisco! It was a BEAUTIFUL drive through national parks with the ocean right there as well. Next time through, I'd love to bring a tent and go camping!




We made a stop at the Madonna Inn to confirm that it is truly the guadiest looking place for fine dining...unfortunately I didn't get a picture of it, but as you enter the dining room area there is a large porceline doll hanging/ swinging from the ceiling...a little frightening to say the least...







We stopped in Monterey for a delicious seafood dinner!

Then, we finally arrived in San Francisco! It was so nice to be in a city again...it actually really made me miss Boston A LOT! I just miss having the cute little flower shop below our apartment and the good breakfast place down the street...everything always being within walking distance...but then again, I do love that the sun shines 350 days/ year in Tucson! :)

Analisa and I went for a run on Tuesday morning across the Golden Gate bridge...both she and Natalie are training for a half marathon right now (go ladies go!)... :)


Then we hiked around Muir Woods...a beautiful red woods forest...a definite gem for the bay area!


The bay area really has it all now that I come to think of it...they have the ocean, beautiful green rolling hills, the red woods, the city,...so glad to know we'll be back in that area again! In fact, we hope to play to a show at Cafe du Nord in October, a great acoustic venue that is just down the street from where Analisa and Natalie live! So get your ticket to San Fran and get ready for my favorite acoustic duo to enter the stage! :)

That night we headed down to the Wharf for dinner...and then over to North Beach for some gelato! We sat in a park to eat our gelato and began to reminisce about when we sang in gospel choir together in college...a guy sitting on a bench across from us heard us and came over and decided to sing with us for a while...he lead us in a bunch of "repeat after me" songs...we had soo much fun. It was one of those things that we could've never planned, yet it was just a perfect way to spend our night.





Back at their apartment, we got into some heated rounds of mario brothers on nintendo (the original nintendo that is)...Ryan would've been so proud of me... :)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so proud of you guys for going to InNOut! Bravo!
I went to S.F. last summer with my parents and little brother. That was a lot of fun! I think we went to Pier 34 (The place where Alcatraz was across the pier), and had crab meals and visited a sourdough bread factory. I have to agree with you that it did remind me of Boston, only different house structures...

I'm so happy for all of you!

Big Love,
~Rache