Friday, February 09, 2007

Craftastic!

The world-famous Gem and Mineral Show has finally arrived in Tucson! I've been hearing about this big occasion since before I even moved out here, and even though I've had a year to digest it and prepare for it, it has still succeeded in completely overwhelming me! Imagine a LARGE expo event, such as at a marathon, food show, car show, etc...and multiply it by 25! No joke, this thing is spread throughout the entire city of Tucson. It has taken over hotel conference rooms, actual hotel rooms, parking lots, mansions, convention centers, etc...it's out of control...and lasts 2 1/2 weeks! I've gone down there twice so far to get some items for making jewelry with, but both times I've reached a point where I can't buy anything anymore because I'm too overwhelmed. Our friend Liz has told us her survival plan for going ot Ikea, and I think I'm going to have to attack this in the same way when we go back next week, by bringing snacks and a list of exactly what I need to buy and how much I can spend.


Wednesdays I go to a Bible study (BSF) at a church down the road, and afterwards a group of us go to lunch and knit/crochet at Christina's house. They are hardcore knitters...making sweaters, ponchos, bags, socks, etc...I like to stick to the easy stuff like blankets, scarves, and washcloths. :)


This morning I went to tumbling class with Naomi (Ryan's cousin), Elijah, and Isaiah (her two kids). Then afterwards we went to Naomi's sister's house to visit her and the new baby! Baby Naomi was born on Sunday weighing a hefty 9lbs and 12oz!


This weekend we will be honoring Grammie with her very own Grammy Award!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did Grammie like her Grammy?

Anonymous said...

I hope you can reach your goal Abby :). Both of you are always in my prayers :)....

Miss you bunches!
~Rache