We are FINALLY experiencing the Tucson winter weather that I had been hearing about...no more of that snow, freezing nights, and slow starts for the car...(well, that's not true about the car...she'll always need a little extra rev in the morning). Oh, speaking of the car...have I even shared a photo of our new car with you?? Here's a picture I have, it's kind of dark, but her beauty shines through...

It was an amazing deal and a huge answer to prayer! It's a 1987 Nissan Sentra with only 57,000 miles...and only had one previous owner! Her current name is Gray Beauty, but feel free to post any other possibilities, we don't feel like this name is final.
Oh, back to weather...it's currently about 75 degrees. It actually made Ryan and I think of going camping the other night...so we went out and bought fixings for s'mores!



Yesterday our "Boston" (none of which actually live in Boston anymore) friends came to Tucson for a beautiful hike in Sabino/Bear Canyon! We hiked the Seven Falls Trail, which looks quite a bit different after the monsoons we had over the summer, but still beautiful!

(ErinStacy, Natanya, Paul, Abby, Ryan, and Cameron)

This morning we woke up at the crack of dawn, which for us is 6:20am, for a 7.6 mile trail run out at Colossal Caves! It was a gorgeous park with saguaros everywhere. The course was another hilly one...we gained 1300 feet of elevation within the first 4 miles, then turned around and pretty much repeated that same gain again. It was fun to run on the trails, although a little slow because they were very narrow and single file, so you could only run as fast as the person in front of you, and choosing to pass meant that you were committing to passing a whole line of people and staying at a speed ahead of them. The post-race party was at a ranch with a bonfire and a hearty southwest breakfast of eggs, beans and tortillas! :)




(Yes folks, we had pop-warner cheerleaders guiding us through the finish line!)

Well, we're off to a Super Bowl party/card playing party...Go Patriots...j/k. :)
2 comments:
hey kiddos,
sounds like you've been having lots of fun. i don't think i have any car names, but i'll keep thinking. way to go on the run ab--sounds fun!
miss you both tons. can't wait to see you in March!
xoxoxo,
jill
ps what about merkin as the car name?
Hey! I still live in Boston! Well, OK, I live in Norwood. But I tell people I live in Boston, because most people (even people in Boston sometimes) haven't heard of Norwood. =) Anyhow, love reading all your updates, and Abby I promise soon I'll send you some of my own!
Hugs,
Kristy
Post a Comment