The beautiful natural backdrop...
I thought I'd show a shot that includes people...there were about 3,000 spectators!
Our friends Lori and Ryan at the event...
On Saturday, we hosted our first ever Scrabble Tournament! Growing up, I never remember loving this game, however since getting married, Ryan and I have become completely addicted! And watching the documentary, Word Wars, about the national Scrabble Tournament, only aided in our addiction.
We had 9 people competing in the tournament...but only Jen walked away as the official champion! She got a 84 point word in the final round (squats/zips on a triple word! for those of you scrabble lovers out there).
Heather, Chris, and Melissa during round 2
Jen and I in the final championship round (she whooped me)...
Ryan and Danny in the final consolation round...by Ryan's face, I'm sure you can determine the outcome...
3 comments:
In Kuwait, one time out of the many when playing Scrabble, I got a 96 point word...........I will never forget....Frenzy. Double Letter and Triple Word I believe hehehe.
~Rache
sounds like you had fun! be careful in all that heat. it pains me to even think of 115 degrees, let alone sit in it for peak hours! guhhhh.
xo,
jill
You'll always be my Jamaican Scrabble champ Abby.....
Post a Comment