This past week I was reminded how important sunscreen is! I had to have a mole removed from back that had moderate atypia cells. I asked my doctor how that could have even happened since my lower back rarely even sees the sun, and she said that 80% of skin damage happens before we are 18 years old...so make sure all you kiddos and not-so-kiddos alike wear lots of sunscreen daily! Since we moved here I have started wearing sunscreen with zinc oxide in it, which I highly recommend since it forms a total block between your skin and the sun.
We are still totally loving being home and getting to see so many friends and family members on a regular basis! This past week we got to meet our friend's baby for the first time...David and Eileen's little girl, Kaia Lin...
Rachel came over for a day while her mom was at work. Here we are washing Cameron's car to get it ready for his return from Chicago, where he was visiting his girlfriend for 2 weeks.
We went to the Pops In the Park for a picnic and to listen to the Tucson Pops play their final concert for the spring series.
(Ryan, Chris, Melissa, Christina, Steve (Christina and Joe's neighbor), and Joe)...
My "Going Green with the Greens" this week involves a bit of a recylcing project...
I took a pair of old jeans, cut out the inner seam, and then cut up an old shirt...and sewed them all together to make this skirt! Unfortunately I don't have a pattern I could give anyone, but I could try and talk you through it if you're interested. :)
I hope you all have a wonderful first day of summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment