Hello!
Okay, so I think I may have lead you astray with my previous report about using fabric softener to help get the stiffness out of clothes that are hung to dry. Our clothes were still crunchy with fabric softener, so I did a little google research, and this is what I found...
>>For the stiffness in line dried clothes, it's not the sun but too much laundry detergent residue. My Mom worked in a commercial laundry during her summer breaks and passed along these tips.
Don't use fabric softener, cut back on the amount of detergent used and if possible iron the clothes slightly damp. Some fabric softeners react with the sun causing stiff scratchy clothes. Use plain white vinegar as fabric softener instead. If you have a home water softener, cut back on the amount of detergent or use the extra rinse option on the washing machine. A home water softener increases the potency of laundry detergent. Ironing the clothes while damp is still the best way to iron.
Run the washing machine, with no clothes or laundry, with several cups of plain white vinegar on the hottest water setting. This process assists in cleaning out the washing machine as it might have laundry detergent build up. Lift the lid a few minutes into the cycle and check for suds. If suds appear, repeat the process once more.<<
Have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment