Monday, March 02, 2009

Rodeo!!

Many of you may remember our devastating trip to the rodeo two years ago. We were determined to not let that happen again, so we bought our tickets in advance this year. Unfortunately, I forgot to borrow boots this time, but I had a pretty rockin' belt buckle to wear...and Ryan wore his cowboy shirt. Our attempts were nothing though compared to how decked out the kids were...


I'm not too sure of what I think about rodeos to be honest. I can have fun at them and see how it all stemmed from practicalities of ranching...but watching the calf roping is a little much for my taste. I much prefer the barrel racing and bareback riding.


Well, we skipped past spring and summer is here...it's in the upper 80s already! I'm not really complaining though, it's nice to be outside in the sunshine. My morning adventure for this week was the Douglass Spring Trail at the end of Speedway. Rumor has it there is a waterfall somewhere on the trail, but I must not have gone far enough...perhaps next week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Abby, if you miss winter I will happily share our 12" of nor'easter snow with you. :) Maybe if you take some of the snow, then you'll have to cycle through spring again and you can get an extension. Loving the blog, miss you! - Kristy

The Wallenfangs said...

Hi Abby!
That's great that this time you were actually able to get in! and it's so hard to imagine 80 degree weather!! it's a heat wave here today too---50 degrees! :)

love,
megan