Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The dirt is always browner...

As we travel around the country, I begin to have a bit of wonder-lust wishing I lived everywhere except for Tucson. Boston, San Francisco, Peaks Island (Maine), Vermont, ....those are just a few that come to mind. But, then we return to Tucson and I'm in love with the sun, the mountains, our friends, ...unfortunately though that feeling of being in love with Tucson doesn't always remain. I think it's because I don't take advantage of all the things I love here as often as I should. And then you know, I start thinking that the dirt is always browner (or maybe fertile enough so that grass could even grow), everywhere but here. So, as a way to keep myself present and content, I decided I would spend one day a week where I "splurge" and take the time to go for a hike or run somewhere other than around our neighborhood. So far...the results have been great! I'm loving Tucson!

Last week's adventures:

The trailhead at the end of Alvernon Way:


Sabino Canyon:


Today:
The trail at the end of Broadway:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you run with friends?

The scenerry looks beautiful.

The Wallenfangs said...

The mountains in the background sure are beautiful! good attitude!
love,
megan

Abby Green said...

Dear Mr./Mrs. Anonymous... :)
So far these runs have been alone, I'm open to go with the others, but like the freedom of being able to go at the last minute....or for several hours at a time.