Living at Grammie's has been wonderful, as I mentioned in an earlier post. I feel like there is so much to learn from living with someone who has almost 50 years on me. Her husband (Bill) has been living in a home for people with Alzheimer's for the past 4 years. And, she still visits him six days a week (Wednesday she gets her hair and nails done at the time when he is usually awake). It's beautiful to see her love for him continue despite the fact that he doesn't know who she is anymore. She still brings him his favorites of frappuccinos, strawberries, and yogurt, even though he probably doesn't even know they were ever his favorites. It's love. It's marriage in sickness and in health to the very end...filled with love.
Last night Grammie had some friends, The Reillys, over for dinner. She's been friends with them since she moved to Tucson (almost 50 years ago). She met the Reillys while moving her parents into their old house. I love it. Just a little real estate transaction, turned into a life long friendship.
Another couple she is close with, she met because they used to both go to the same restaurant a lot, and always see each other. Now, with Bill being in the home, they invite her to partake in dinners, vacations, movies, etc all the time...again, beautiful friendship.
Tomorrow we'll be moving back to our home. I'm going to miss the hour long breakfast chats, cozy home, and bedtime hugs. Good thing she only lives 20 minutes away. :)
There have been many laughs while living here. Grammie is laugher (as is Lori)...I love it. A couple of years ago when Ryanhood was taking press photos, she found the perfect look that they should go after...it was based on a photo of Michael Buble, her musical crush. Unfortunately it was not the look Ryanhood was going for, but just for fun, I made Ryan pose like him so I could take a photo. I don't think we ever showed her that photo. So, perhaps tonight will be the night to bring out that photo to make her laugh.
Michael Buble

Ryan Green
No comments:
Post a Comment