We had quite the weekend (of mostly fun!), and I have photos to share, however I left my camera at Ryan's aunt's house, so photos will have to wait a few days.
But for a quick re-cap and preview:
Friday night: Flagstaff, AZ for Ryan's cousin's fashion show...Ryanhood was the band for the night!
Saturday afternoon: Ryan's best friend from college (Ryan Alfred) moved in with us!
Saturday night: Lori's (Ryan's mom) surprise 50th birthday party!
Sunday night: Chang and Shira's wedding! (a very unique Chinese / Jewish ceremony and reception!)
But, for now...with no pictures, I present to you, "Scared of the Dark!"
The not-so-fun part of the weekend happened on Saturday night after we got home from Lori's birthday party. We went to bed about 11pm, but I woke up around midnight because I heard noises in the backyard. I looked out our window which faces the backyard, but couldn't see anything, so I laid back down. About 2 minutes later, we (Ryan now awake as well) heard something again. This time Ryan propped himself up to the blinds to slyly peak out, and had me flip the switch to the flood lights in the backyard (conveniently located right next to our bed). And, when the light came on Ryan immediately saw someone run away from our house and towards our front gate. Scared, we called 911, and they got there within a couple of minutes. The cops saw that our gate to our backyard was open (which is always closed) and right inside of the gate was a mangled window screen. We realized that the only window that the screen would fit was in our master bathroom (located INSIDE our bedroom...about 12 feet from where we were sleeping), so we went back there and sure enough the screen was off and the window was slid all the way open! So scary! It's hard not to think about the fact that if we had not turned on the light, he likely would've been in our bedroom within minutes (or seconds even)! We are so thankful we were woken up. I honestly don't care if someone wants to break in and take everything from our home, and even our home...but just not while we are there. It is so hard to regain that feeling of safety again. Needless to say, we've slept with all the lights on in the house for the past two nights now. Perhaps tonight we'll get back to our "green" selves and take it down to only a few lights.
6 comments:
Oh my gosh!!!! Wanna come sleep at our house? Let's put in an alarm system!
Soooooo scary! I am so glad that you all are safe and were woken up. I second the alarm system or a really scary looking doggy!
Oh my goodness, talk about traumatic! I'm glad you guys are okay!
So scary! You guys should install motion lights- I've heard that helps with keeping folks away. Glad you guys are okay. :)
oh abby! my heart just sank! praying for fear to flee. remember the gospel choir song (and bible verse, too): "God has not given us a spirit of fear, but power." :) kerry just told me on saturday that she prays everyday for her friends and family that angels of protection go before all her loved ones. i'm glad she prayed that prayer on saturday. love you!
yikes. i am glad you woke up when you did. good teamwork! go away bad people!
thinking of you.
xoxoxox
j
Post a Comment