Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Birth Center Babes

Last week I had my six-week postpartum check-up at the Birth Center with midwife Judy. It was so nice to see her again and chat about how life as parents is going. I think it's probably the only "doctors" appointment I've ever had that ended with hugs and kisses on the cheek for both Ryan and I. As we left we chatted with the receptionist for 10 minutes or so. As we got in the car Ryan asked when my next appointment would be and I had to tell him that's it until next time I'm pregnant. I think we were both a little sad. It was like the last day of school when everyone is signing yearbooks...and not quite ready to leave the current school year behind them...even though what lies ahead is exciting too!

Thank goodness though for the mom and baby group that meets every week at the Birth Center...it keeps me from going through too much Birth Center withdraw. I LOVE it! A lot of the moms/babies from our class come to the group...as well as younger and older babies too. A few of us met up outside of the group a couple of weeks ago to see the movie BABIES (sooo good, go see it!).

This week at the group there was an ASL teacher who taught us the signs for commonly used words with babies. Milk, dirty diaper, tired, play, all done, mom, dad, etc. Other weeks have included demonstrations with different types of slings/baby carriers, learning infant massage, etc.

Here are some photos of Ezra, Eveyln and Annabelle this morning. Ezra and Evelyn were ultra entertained by Sophie the giraffe for quite some time. They both had their arms and legs going...super cute!


Ezra had his 2 month well-baby visit today (even though he's not quite 2 months yet...not sure how that scheduling worked out...). He's now 11 lbs. 7oz. and 24 inches long! That's a whole lot of growing in just 7 weeks (he was born at 7lbs. 9oz. and 20"). He is currently in the 50th percentile for weight, and 90th percentile for length!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

The Birth Center is amazing, isn't it? I have only good things to say about it. :)

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net