Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sweet summer treats

My friend Jill just posted about avocado popsicles, which reminded me that I've been wanting to post about some sweet treats I've been making over and over again lately.

I was reading a magazine article on raw food diets that included this recipe for chocohana pudding...that's right chocolate and banana makes chocohana.

raw chocohana pudding
1 avocado
1/2 ripe banana
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup honey
1 Tablespoon coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla

combine all ingredients in bowl of food processor and process until consistency is smooth and pudding-like.
**the first time I made this I forgot to add the coconut oil and it still turned out great...so if you don't have any coconut oil, you can still make it. I promise you, it tastes just like chocolate pudding! Delicious.

And the second sweet treat I've been diggin' is the blended frozen banana. I don't really have any clever names for this one. Maybe froba or banazen?
Anyway, you just freeze a banana and then take it out and put it in the blender or food processor and it comes out like the consistency of ice cream. I put a little peanut butter and honey on top, but next time I think I'm going to try putting the peanut butter and honey right in the food processor too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We would place a popscicle stick in the banana, freeze, and eat off the stick.
Mom

Heidi said...

Okay, first of all, I freaking love you! I tried the pudding recipe just now. But, I have a problem with reading directions. I put everything in, mixed up and tried and thought it was disgusting. I thought, there must be something wrong with me that I don't like this! Why can't I like healthy foods??? Then I looked at the recipe again and realized I forgot the honey. Now I have a new fave dessert! And bananas are going in the freezer for tomorrow!