Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Rockin' baby!

For the past 4 years, Ryanhood has played on the 4th of July at the Hilton El Conquistador Resort in Tucson. The resort hosts one of the many firework displays around town, so a lot of families flock there for a weekend family getaway.

I had planned on babysitting Dominic for an hour or so in the evening before heading up there, but then at the last minute found out they didn't need me to babysit. This all of a sudden freed me up to go to the resort early with Ryan and spend the day hanging out. I was a bit reluctant at first. I thought, I'll stay home so Ezra can get a good nap in, I can pick up the house a bit, pack our bags, etc. But then it hit me, as cliche as it sounds, "Seize the moment!". We can always be at home and get good naps in, and the messy house will still be here when we get back and can be cleaned then. Experience is when real living happens...and in my opinion, it definitely outweighs routine.

Now, the funny part, is that I packed a blanket for Ezra and I to lay on in the grass and a book to read as well as some knitting for me. Because of course, we were going to play on the blanket together with lots of smiles and coo-ing, and then he was going to fall asleep while I sat and relaxed, reading and knitting. It was going to be this idyllic 4th of July at the park. Well, that's not exactly how it worked out. For starters, even though there is lots of grass and shade at the resort, it also has a "spring break" atmosphere...not exactly the relaxing with my baby kind of place. Then came the fact that Ezra really just wanted to be snuggled close in my carrier. Whose to blame him? I love cuddling! Needless to say, there was no reading or knitting that took place. But there was lots of cuddling and sleeping in the baby carrier while walking around and listening to Ryan soundcheck.

That night was Ezra's first Ryanhood concert! I don't know that he recognized Ryan, but he was totally lovin' all of the lights. Here's our little man rockin' the ear protection...


Ezra and Kaia both protecting their ears while listening to the concert. It was a priceless moment when Kaia recognized Ryan on stage singing...she waved and waved, but sadly Ryan didn't see her. It was too cute!


Here he is up on his feet dancing away...


My favorite part of the night was taking him up close to the stage...and seeing Ryan sing to him.
Ezra loved watching the fireworks...until about 1/2 way through when he crashed for the night in my arms. Funny how a baby can sleep through a grand finale on the 4th of July.

2 comments:

jill said...

erza is so cute and you look so so pretty.

good choice for a first concert.

xoxox
j

Eileen Short said...

I love your attitude - just go ahead and go. I know this one song, "We gotta leave, we gotta go, ...Oh and if we don't, it's just another day spent at home."