Monday, October 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Ryan!

Today Ryan is 29! I love it when his birthday strikes and we appear to only be 1 year apart in age, even if it only lasts for about 6 weeks. :)


29 things I love about Ryan!

1.) He makes me (and Ezra!) laugh on a daily basis...and has taught me how to laugh at myself.

2.) He is transparent with how he is doing and open to share his feelings.

3.) He loves to create music and continues to follow the dream God has given him to perform.

4.) He still wears the pajamas I made him 5 years ago (when I didn't really know how to sew). :)

5.) He graciously offers to go to the grocery store for me every single time I need an ingredient for a recipe (which is about every single day).

6.) He is the leader in our family.

7.) He loves Little House on the Prairie as much as I do!

8.) He is a board gamer.

9.) ...and a card gamer.

10.) He continues to be willing to teach me guitar, even though I never practice. :)

11.) He makes me a full-on breakfast almost every morning (and doesn't tease me too much that I eat about twice as much as him these days of nursing).

12.) He hosts "guys outings".

13.) He draws pictures on our Tupperware to indicate what is inside instead of writing on it.

14.) He loves to drive, and always makes me feel safe on the road.

15.) He has an extremely large amount of patience.

16.) He has great perspective on life.

17.) He allows me to dream about living all over the world.

17.) He is the best pizza, taco, and hot dog chef I know!

18.) He writes beautiful lullabies.

19.) He insists on honesty all the time (unless it has to do with how many cookies he ate.)

20.) He holds the record for making Ezra laugh the hardest.

21.) He "hates" the 9am-5pm thing as much as I do, and is willing to go against the norm so we can spend our lives together instead of working.

22.) He likes to eat healthy foods!

23.) He lets me sleep-in in the mornings when Ezra has been up all night.

24.) He can eat Mexican food 7 days/ week.

25.) He is the only person (aside from possibly Jill?) who flosses every day.

26.) He is an expert cloth diaperer and EC'er.

27.) He is a wonderful father to Ezra.

28.) ...and the bestest husband I could ever have imagined!

29.) He always strives to be himself!...and that is who I love!

Happy Birthday Babe!


This past weekend he and a bunch of guy friends went paintballing for his birthday!


And he now has several welts to show for it (it kind of looks like he has a bad case of ringworm actually. :)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love this list.
happy birthday ryan.
xo,
jill

Anonymous said...

you guys radiate so much joy and love! beautiful post!

and HAPPY BIRTHDAY RYAN!

love,
megan

Stephanie said...

I think our husbands would get along famously!

Tim is an awesome driver, an anti-8-to-5er, and...he is exceptionally disciplined about dental hygiene. :)

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

Anonymous said...

aw so wonderful. happy belated birthday ryan! xo, jana