Sunday, October 10, 2010

It's supper time!

Just two days before Ezra's 6 month birthday (I couldn't hold out until 6 months...this dude was hungry!), we fed him his first rice cereal! Oh my goodness, I think Ryan took some video of it, and I will soon post it. I never could have imagined giving him food to be so much fun. He LOVES it, and is quite vocal the entire time he eats. After his first rice cereal meal where I fed him, Ezra now insists on feeding himself (I put the food on the spoon, and then hand the spoon to him), so not a whole lot really gets consumed, and he definitely needs a bath after eating. In fact, I think it was the first time in his whole life that he truly needed a bath.


(is that not the cutest bowl and spoon you've ever seen?? it was such a sweet gift...thank you!!)







A couple of days later we tried avocado...he's a big fan! (along with also loving sweet potatoes and bananas!)




We went to the doctor for his 6 month check-up. He's 16lbs 0oz and 26-1/4"!

2 comments:

Mira Conklin said...

He looks so happy!! I watch a little one once a week who just turned 6 months and I got to feed her food for the first time on Friday--what a hoot! Once the spoon was in her mouth, she would not let me take it from her and she would thump her little hand on the table if I waited too long between bites :)

Stephanie said...

My littlest was vocal at the dinnertable around that age too. She'd say, "Mmmm...Mmmm...Mmmm" after each bite. :)

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net