Monday, October 11, 2010

Life updates

Ezra took the van for a spin the other day...he said he'll be the driver next time we go on tour. :)


Some of you may be wondering what in the world we are still doing in Tucson in October. For the past 4 years we have left by late August to tour colleges, coffee shops, clubs and houses all over the country to play concerts.
But this year, we are staying home. Ryan and Cameron decided this summer that they wanted to take a year off the road to rest, write, and record. And, so far all of those things have happened in abundance. I've been loving hearing all of the new music coming out of Ryan! The current plan is to go back out on the road in May (they just couldn't say no to one of their favorite colleges, and had to be able to get there before the end of the school year. :) (Oh, and they will also be playing a Christmas Concert at the Rialto Theatre on December 18th...couldn't break tradition.)

While we've been home, Ryan has been teaching private guitar lessons. And, starting next week he'll also be teaching guitar for OMA (Opening Minds through the Arts), a wonderful program in certain Tucson public schools to integrate the arts into the curriculum.

I was working for the past several months at Cafe 54 helping to prepare them for an audit, but now that that is done I'll be home! My friend Eileen recently told me, "You can be replaced at work, but not at home"...and I am soo looking forward to getting to spend my days at home with Ezra (and Ryan!).
I've been doing a lot of babysitting for my friend Jen's daughter, Corban. Let me tell you a little bit about Corban.
a.) she is a total bundle of joy
b.) she is the only kid that when she comes over we don't need to use the gate to keep her away from Ryan's computer because she is too busy playing to have any interest in his computer, but rather she wants to make a fort with it.
c.) she sings constantly (and can totally carry a tune)...the other day it was Frere Jacques right into Here We Go Loopty Loo right into Away in a Manger...priceless.
d.) she is one of the most creative and imaginative kids I know. She has several baby dolls that she plays with all day long. I didn't catch what happened to baby anna, but I did see her make all of the baby dolls hold hands and pray for anna's health...too cute.
Oh, and one more...
e.) when she won't fall asleep at nap time, all I have to do is say that the babies are very tired and ask her to sing them a lullaby and it puts her right to sleep too. :)


Starting next week I'll be babysitting my friend Samantha's son, Josiah, while she goes back to work. Perhaps you remember Josiah from here. He and Ezra are 9 weeks apart...and soon to be close friends. :) Last Friday was a trial run while Jacob and Samantha went on a date...I'm really looking forward to it!

(Josiah slept the whole time in the carrier, and Ezra was totally excited about this new hold on my back where he can now play with my hair the whole time. :)

1 comment:

housecandyarts said...

You are fast taking my place in the world as "supermom"!! Big hugs and kisses to you all.