Saturday, March 12, 2011

Chalkboard for Ezra!

As I was painting our kitchen cabinets, I decided to leave the "end cap" alone so that I could come back to it at a later time with chalkboard paint. Well, that later time has finally arrived...



Hopefully someday Ezra will decide that chalk doesn't taste very good and he'll get to start drawing on it as I cook.

The best part about this project, is that it was super duper cheap! My sister (she's always to the rescue at finding me tutorials for craft projects) sent me this great tutorial on how to make your own chalkboard paint out of non-sanded grout (found at Ace) and black acrylic paint (found at Joann's). In total, the chalkboard cost me less than $5, and I have lots of left over supplies to make more (I think I am going to paint part of the wall in my "studio" as a chalkboard).

3 comments:

Mira and Eric said...

Welcome to the Green kitchen! I love it!

Anonymous said...

That is the coolest idea!

You guys are so cute and creative! Always have been!

:D

God Bless,
~Rache

Stephanie Jayne said...

Looks awesome Abby! I am sure Ezra will figure out the chalk soon enough ;)