Wednesday, March 02, 2011

In love.

(written on 3/1/11)

Today I had one of those total roller coaster of emotions days where over and over again I would just look at Ezra and think, "I am soo in love with this lil' guy!" It all started with him waking up super early (6:50am counts as super early in my books) in a fun mood with his face smashed up against the mesh side of the travel crib looking out at me and laughing. I got down on the floor and smashed my face up against the side and started kissing him which just caused for more laughter to ensue. Finally I picked him up and said, "drop raffa (his stuffed giraffe) in your bed" and he would start to drop him in and then pull him in close and hug him as a tease. This went on for a little while...becoming more and more of a funny tease (to all three of us) each time.

We then went out to the living room, opened the blinds, and nursed as the sun was shining in and warming us. Such a peaceful part of our routine each morning.

Then this afternoon we went over to a new friend's house for a playdate. I've started to realize that Ezra gets quite shy in public sometimes, which is funny because he is all but shy at home. At this particular friend's house he was acting all shy and very serious...not even a little smile. They had a tunnel and he went in on one end and I stuck my head in on the other end so he could see me and he started laughing so hard while in the tunnel...just for me to see though. As soon as he climbed out on the other end it was back to looking serious. It made me think about how Ryan and I will be able to know what each other is thinking or feeling in a crowded room and only show each other our emotions, in that sort of way that makes you feel special. It felt this way with Ezra, a sort of "I know you soo well and love you soo much" way!

When we got home he took a long nap, and then we played in the living room/kitchen until it was time to get ready for bed. He's a sweet lil' fella that I love to pieces and I can't believe how fast he is growing up!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I second your feeling.
Love,
mom

Anonymous said...

such a beautiful reflection!

love,
megan

Mira Conklin said...

So sweet.