Friday, August 12, 2011

At last...

Heidi and I hadn't seen each other in 8 years! I dated her brother when I was in college and we became fast friends then. A few years ago she found me on facebook...we swapped our blog addresses...and have been keeping in touch via the blog world since. Blogs are great...I feel like I knew her daughters even before I met them...I knew stories about them, funny things they've said, etc...basically, everyone should have a blog so that I can keep up on your lives as well. Actually, don't do that. I don't have time to read any more blogs. But, if you do...I'll find the time I suppose. :)

Anyway...

We met half way (she lives on the east side of the state and my parents live on the west side) in Lansing at the Potter Park Zoo*. We received free admission to the zoo because of our Tucson zoo membership (score!) and then had a picnic and (the big hit among kiddos) playground time.






I love Sasha's expression in this photo. :)

It was a great visit...I felt like we picked up right where we left off. We have tons in common and I wish we could see each other more often!!

*Zoo might be a generous term given to this collection of animals...as, there are only about 8 animals there: otters, bald eagles, spider monkeys, goats, penguins, fish, peacocks, and various other birds. But, it is very walkable, and signs say that rhinos are coming! :)

2 comments:

How Jess Reads said...

I love the zoo qualifier. :) Looks like it was funny even if it was not quite a "zoo" though!

Heidi said...

Whoo-hoo! Love this post! We had such a great time with you guys...who needs cool animals? And that last picture...that's my Sasha! SO good to see you again!