Tuesday, September 27, 2011

home again home again jiggity jig

Now that we are back at home, and adjusted to Pacific Time (which took wayyyy longer after this trip than it has after any other), we have been busy playing our days away.

We've been trying out a lot of new art mediums.

Finger Paint. A big hit at first, but generally only holds Ezra's attention span for about 7 minutes.


Sidewalk Chalk. Quite fun. And since we keep it outside by the front door, we often draw a line or two whenever we exit or enter the house. However, I think that there is a strong shift starting to take place in wanting to fill the chalk bucket with rocks vs. actually using the chalk, which is also super entertaining and totally cool by me. My favorite part about the chalk is that when a piece breaks he says, "uh oh" and then tries to put it back together.


And, we've also been playing with playdough. Sadly, I don't have any photos of the playdough playing though. I'm impressed that it holds his attention for 15+ minutes, and he doesn't eat it (I made it gluten-free just in case though :)

We were given a new dryer, and a certain someone realized that the fact the door opens down (as opposed to the side like our old one) makes a great little stool to stand on and throw things into the washer. He is the quite the helper. And he loves clean clothes. It doesn't matter if they are already clean, it's fun to throw them in the wash again.


Oh, and we've been rockin' out to the ipod. (I have some video of it, but it turned out all choppy...I'll have to see if Ryan can fix it.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your posts about "regular daily life." there is nothing like the time spent together just doing life!

love,
megan

ps. and there's nothing like running around the house naked!