Sunday, October 09, 2011

Da Mama Bus!!

On Friday afternoon The Mama Bus rolled up on Calle Diego and out poured 11 kids (ages 2-15) and two adventurous mamas! Before I put Ezra down for his nap, I told him that the house would be full of kids when he woke up, but I don't think he really knew what to expect. I have to say though, that I think he was in heaven for 24 hours, running and playing with the other kids. (And, I must also admit that it felt like parenting was a lot easier having so many hands to entertain and eyes to keep watch on my little guy.)

We headed to the park in our neighborhood for a picnic. Have I mentioned that the weather here has been awesome lately? Like, in the 70's-cool breeze-windows open-awesome?? I am loving it! Quickly teams were made, soccer was played, impromptu jam sessions occurred, mamas laid in the grass, tots toddled around...it was 4 hours at the park kind of wonderful!

Big Ezra playing catch with Little Ezra (Little Ezra's favorite game)


Jam session at the park...




Lois using dental floss to pull out (Big) Ezra's tooth!


SUCCESS!


We pulled out Ryan's Brio train set from when he was a kid...major points for us!


Ever wonder why our sliding glass door always has smudge marks on it? Hosting 11 children has nothing to do with it, just 1 makes all of those marks... :)




Saturday morning we went to the zoo. Can I tell you again how great our zoo membership is? We all (4 adults + 12 children) got in for FREE!!

Jenn Miller, one of the mamas and also the brains behind Uncommon Childhood and Edventure Project, talking with her 13 year old son Gabriel.


Jenn and myself


Ezra and Ryan


Gabriel holding Ezra


The whole gang (+Ezro)


It was a great weekend...thanks for stopping in Tucson, Mama Bus! Now, I am ready to form my own mama bus, who's in?

3 comments:

Katie said...

Fun! That picture of Ryan and Ezra is really great.

Anonymous said...

i am DEFINITELY on the mama bus! just say when and where!

I loved all the pictures and video! It looked like a great time

love,
megan

Anonymous said...

Abby - you and Jenn look like you could be sisters! :) Sounds like so much fun out your way. Thinking of you and sending you hugs! -Kristy