Monday, November 28, 2011

Advent Festival...

I don't know if I have mentioned here yet that we have started going to the church down the street from where we live. There are literally only two houses that separate our house from the church. My guess is that its about a 70 yard walk from our door to theirs. Which, I find to be about perfect!

I posted about this church a year ago here.

We were loving hosting church at our house, but with the growing number of infants and toddlers in our midst, it was becoming more and more of a challenge. So instead we have maintained meeting together on a regular basis, but do church on our own.

Ryan, Ezra and I visited quite a few churches before we decided to visit the one "next door". Funny how it was right there all along, and we have just now realized what a good fit we are for each other.

Tonight they had an Advent Festival with lots of fun activities for adults and kids alike followed by a soup supper.

Ezra was particularly fond of stuffing socks with toiletries for the homeless...


He also decorated a gingerbread house (and didn't realize the candy was edible until about 20 minutes into the activity!) ... sorry, photos are on my mom's camera...I'll get them to you later. :)

We did a little "origami" a.k.a. ripped up origami paper, and glued it to more origami paper.

Made a popsicle stick star ornament.

...and most importantly, ran around with the big kids outside.

No comments: