Thursday, November 10, 2011

Gardens and Gardening...

This morning we went with Jessica and Eleanor to the Tucson Botanical Gardens. This was my first time being there since I stopped working almost 2 years ago!



All photos courtesy of Jessica (I seem to often "forget" my camera when I know she is going to be around :)

Brilliant water fountain in the Children's Garden...they can get wet, but they can't climb in.


Using magnifying glasses in the Butterfly Garden (overalls, not planned :)


Watching the train and playing in the sandbox


When we got home, I watered my garden and found that I can now actually see cilantro leaves...yay!!


Carrot tops (despite rocky soil)...


Spinach leaves...


And, I had been hoping this was kale, but I'm starting to think it's weeds...any expert opinions out there?


Do these always come with gardens??

2 comments:

How Jess Reads said...

You are speedy quick! Your garden is so cute...I'm hoping to start one next spring. No expert opinions here. :)

sush said...

Hmmm. I have no idea what i'm doing with my garden but some of those "weeds" look a little like my arugula and lettuce, so maybe it is kale? i also heard it may be time to start "thinning" - i don't know how/where/when/why to do this - can you help?