Meet Bonny:

Bonny is a 39-year-old married man with five children living in Kyenjojo, Uganda. He is responsible for taking care of the family, and his dream is to build a permanent house as he currently lives in a semi-permanent house. He has been growing tea for eight months, and he has two acres of land so far. He has challenges of weeds which affect the output of his tea plantation and his dream is to eliminate these weeds and to have a ten-acre tea plantation. Bonny intends to buy herbicides for controlling weeds with the loan.
We chose Uganda because of our connection to people there from when we visited (I was really hoping that we would know someone on the Kiva list, but I suppose that thinking is like when people say to me, "I know someone from Michigan, maybe you know each other...". Regardless, we loved our time there, and wanted to support someone from there.
We chose agriculture because I am growing my first garden this year, and we thought that would be a fun connection.
And, Bonny is growing tea...and we love to drink tea!
We hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!
lots of love,
The Greens
No comments:
Post a Comment