Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Renaissance Festival

Did you know that the Arizona Renaissance Festival is the real deal? As in, 27 acres of actual buildings/castles? I had no idea!

My friend Marcia and her husband Dick have worked at Renaissance Festivals all over the country for the last 18 years and she gave us a pair of free tickets, so my mom and I along with Ezra ventured up to the festival last Sunday. We only planned on being there a half day not knowing it was definitely a full day's worth of festivities.

Here is my mom and Marcia (Marcia is a "local yokel" who goes around getting people to play a dice game with her, and her words, "no coin is exchanged"...a.k.a. it's free to play :)



And here is Dick...


He is also a "local yokel" who does leather work. Isn't his hair great? It's real. When not working Renaissance Festivals, he is a professional Santa. I never even knew that such a profession existed before I met him.


This was one of the shows we watched...Ezra was totally mesmerized by them.


The petting zoo was a huge hit...




As was the food...


But by far the most exciting part, was riding the elephant! :)

2 comments:

How Jess Reads said...

Oooh! The elephant looks amazing! I've missed the Renaissance Festival every year somehow...in HS they always had field trips there, but I was either sick, or had other things that I couldn't miss.

One of these years...

Sheena & Ryan said...

The Renaissance festival looks like a blast! I think we just might need to plan to go :)