
My mom came to visit for a week, January 1-7. Much to my dismay, I didn't take many photos...I guess we were too busy having fun to take the time to capture it on film. :) Overall, we had a very relaxing week of sewing new placemats,

planting flowers,

creating a compost pile,

going for walks, etc.
We also went downtown for a great dinner and a great benefit concert that involved: Luca, the Pueblo High School Mariachi group, Luz de Luna Mariachi group, and Calexico. Our friend Chris played bass for both Luca and Calexico, so it was fun/proud night for us to get to cheer him on. It was an incredible show that involved 2 rock bands and 2 full mariachi groups...I mean there were like 50 people on stage at one point...it was crazy! It was soo much fun though...the perfect concert for anyone visiting Tucson to get a taste of our Mexican flavor.

Ryan and I were spontaneous with our cash for once and bought new shirts to support Calexico...

I took her and Grammie to the botanical gardens that I work at and we got to see all the beautiful butterflies fluttering around...

This morning I woke up nice and early to meet my college cross country for a 7.4 mile run at Sabino Canyon! He is originally from Tucson and still has a house here, so whenever he's in town we usually get together. Thankfully, I was in much better shape this time than during his last visit when I thought I was going to have to crawl up the canyon! :)
1 comment:
dare I take credit for inspiring that unique stitch pattern on your placemats?
SO jealous you got to hear Calexico! RSL and I really like their music! Shirts look awesome btw!
Post a Comment