Monday, January 15, 2007
spray paint?
I was just at Home Depot to buy spray paint and decided to make my purchase in the self check-out lane to save. In my rushing to save time, I accidently pressed the button for everything to be in Spanish instead of English....which I wasn't too concerned about since rarely do you really even need to know what the "register" is saying. But of course that wasn't the case today. After I scanned my bottle of spray paint, the register screen said something in Spanish, and I could pick out that I needed to wait for cashier assistance. The cashier came over, and of course was a native Spanish speaker, and assumed I was as well since I was doing the check-out in Spanish, however she quickly learned that I couldn't keep up to her speed. It turns out that I needed to show my ID in order to buy spray paint! Who knew one could be carded at Home Depot!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Abs, the reason why they carded you sweetheart is because the youth of today are huffing the spray paint to get high! I found this out at Home Depot as well! You need to be a certain age to buy it! I have no idea how you can "huff" spraypaint without getting it all over your face but then again, I'm not into that kind of thing so why would I know that and I do not want to find out either!
Post a Comment