We picked up Rachel from school and spent the afternoon making soft pretzels...
Ryan was very creative in his shapes...
Then, we taught Rachel to 'gamble' by playing a game called "left right center" to get bites of the pretzels! :)
Friends of ours got married and had their wedding reception at the Reed Park Zoo.
They had an anteater that you could pet!! Who knew that the claws of an anteater are sharp enough to break flesh and bones?!?! That's pretty darn scary...but good for breaking bark off of trees to get to the ants I suppose. :)
We got to walk around the zoo...the peacocks were the best...this male was doing a mating dance and had his feathers completely spread out. You know on rap videos where girls shake their butts really really fast? That's exactly what this peacock was doing...it wasn't working out too well for him, as the ladies didn't seem too impressed...but it was entertaining to us nonetheless.
Last Tuesday night we took a red-eye flight to new england! Unfortunately, we didn't get any time in Boston...we flew in, had dinner with Kamisha and Rachel, and then drove to New Hampshire for their first show at Rivier College. Our friend, Mauryn, was able to join us for this part of the tour.
The next day we drove back down to Boston so that we could see some friends for lunch. Ryan and I went over to Liz's house to meet her new baby, Charlene!
RH's second show was in Lewiston, Maine at Bates College...it was so fun to be back touring and on college campuses with students!
After the show at Bates, we went out and played darts with the student activities staff and a couple of students. We played Bates vs. RH...and really embarrassed ourselves with our lack of dart throwing skills...although, I must give shout outs to Ryan and Cameron b/c I think they may have both gotten bulls eyes at some point in the night!
The show in Portland, ME was at the University of Southern Maine. While we were there, we got 13" of snow dumped on us! And of course since it was a rental car, we had no scrapers or anything. We made good use of our atlas though, and had a few people offer to help push us out of parking spot and then again up a hill...I can say with confidence that I really love living in Tucson where it is warm all the time!
One of the students at the University of Southern Maine, requested a song, "Intro to Human Psych", after the show was over, and offered to sing harmonies with the guys...so they pulled out their guitars and had a little jam session with John...
Well, there you have it...our life for the last couple of weeks! :)
Tomorrow night I'm flying to Jamaica with our friends Ryan and Liz Lincoln to work at the Clarendon May Penn Infirmary until April 1st! I may have my computer while I'm there, and if so I'll keep you posted on what we're up to! Please pray for our safety in traveling and while we're there...and for Ryan while he's here! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment