Thursday, March 08, 2007

Outdoor fun!

Last week Ryan and Cameron played a show on the lawn at the U of A. It was gorgeous out (until the sun went down and then I wished I'd worn long sleeves and pants), and tons of students came to listen. It's so nice being in a university town. I definitely don't take advantage of it as much as I'd like to, but there are so many neat little shops, restaurants, and people around.


After their show, we went and saw Matt Wertz play at Club Congress. Matt is doing some amazing work in Uganda building a village for girls who have run away from being sex slaves. He is part of something called the Mocha Club, which he invites his audience members to join, which says that they will give $7/month to this cause...$7 roughly being the cost of going out for mochas twice/ month.


Last night I helped out at a high school track meet! It was so much fun (and even a little emotional) to be caught up in the track atmosphere! I miss organized sports sooo much! But, I do have a running partner now, so that helps to compensate for the team feeling. There was a girl from Flowing Wells H.S. who took first (among boys and girls) in the two-mile...she ran an 11:10....it was unbelievable!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow 11:10. I wish I can run like that. I think my best is 14:39. I miss running. I need to work on it again.

Miss you guys! Keep having fun! :)

~Rache