Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Sick of Ice Cream, Really?

So, I've had friends who have had summer jobs at ice cream shops tell me that they get so sick of it that they don't even want to eat it anymore. And I've always had mixed feelings about this. One, I LOVE ice cream, hands down it's my favorite dessert, so there is part of me that is sad for them that they get sick of it. And on the other hand, I wonder "are they telling the truth?" or are they just trying to look like they have good self-control? The Botanical Gardens Cafe has a frozen yogurt machine and I think there has been less days than fingers on my hand that I have not sampled it while at work...and LOVED every taste of it. And on days like today when we clean it out and have to use up any frozen yogurt in it, I have about 3-4 samplings...of course in the good company of my co-workers who I coerce into having an ice cream party with me. I'm happy to know that I don't think I'll be getting sick of ice cream anytime soon. :)

1 comment:

Eileen Short said...

Yeah, I'm with you Abby. One of my first jobs was as an "ice cream girl" at Little Anthony's. I never got tired of the ice cream or the maraschino cherries. :)