Tuesday, August 25, 2009

2 + 1 = 3!!

Life is an absolutely incredible gift! After having had a miscarriage in April, I was extremely excited, yet nervous when we found out we were pregnant again earlier this month. Then the moment came yesterday when we got to see our little baby's heart beat for the first time! I of course started crying, and that made the ultrasound device move all around on my belly, and then the tech had to reposition it so we could see the baby again, and then I'd tear up and my belly would shake again...it was a sweet moment. :)





It was an early ultrasound just to verify everything was okay and confirm a due date (March 28). So you can't really make too much out of what is what...but we think the head is towards the right, and the legs on the left, with the fluid sac underneath it's bum.

We've been keeping track of what is happening each week. We started out reading about it when it was the size of a sesame seed, and already it has grown to the size of a grape!

In addition to it having a developed neural tube and heart beat. It has arms, legs, webbed fingers and toes, and this week it's heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form — as do it's tiny teeth. Isn't that crazy...all in just the past 9 weeks!!

Belly pictures will come as soon as it looks like an actual prego belly versus the current flub state I'm entering into now. :)

10 comments:

Tristy said...

Abby - your little bean is perfect. And you and Ryan are reading the U/S correctly! The head is to the right....etc. And I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the "flub" state lasts for 3 or so months!

Blessings! Little Green is a lucky peanut!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing about little peanut;)
Love,
Mom

Heidi said...

So happy for you guys! Congratulations! :)

The Wallenfangs said...

this is the best news of the year! but please tell me...why could I not sleep last night after reading your text???!?! i guess i was a little excited!

Eileen Short said...

Beautiful pictures and wonderful post title!

jill said...

yipppeeee. all of it is just so wonderful. congrats.

sending lots of love from maine.
xoxo,
jill

Analisa said...

So exciting! I think she looks like you! :) I can't wait to see your beautiful glowing face in October! Praying for you both during this very exciting time!!

Kristin said...

Couldn't be happier for you guys! :) Hugs to you, Ryan and Bean Green.

Orla said...

Congrats Abby and Ryan! So happy for the two of you :)

Mira and Eric said...

Yay!!! How exciting! You guys will be wonderful parents.