Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Google Analytics

My friend, Jill, has a wonderful blog that makes me smile. Recently, she introduced me to this tool called "Google Analytics" where you can imbed html that will keep track of your followers...so for the fun of it, I decided to do it. And now...I'm a little freaked out. In a good way I suppose. I was under the impression that about 10-20 people read my blog. Mostly family in Michigan and some friends scattered around the country. However, Google Analytics just brought to my attention that since I added this feature to my blog 3 weeks ago, I have had 79 "unique visitors". WHO ARE YOU?? Seriously, I would LOVE to know. There are readers in Idaho and Florida...I didn't even know I knew anyone who lived in these states! I'm in Idaho right now...we could get together! :)

So, today I was going to write about how I got ringworm on my leg from someone's cat we stayed with in Denver (I'm sooo thankful it at least wasn't bedbugs!!), but somehow I don't know if that is still appropriate or if that would be considered TMI since I don't really know who is reading this. :)

Instead, I would LOVE it if you would leave me a comment (even if I already know you read my blog) and just say who you are (and if it's not obvious (i.e. you are my mom), how you found my blog) and where you live....THANK YOU!! Oh, and if you do not have a blogger account, you can just leave the comment using the "anonymous" button, but don't forget to also include your NAME in the comment then. I look forward to meeting all of you...and getting some comments to read on our long drives over the next couple of days. :)

p.s. For any bloggers out there who would like to use Google Analytics, it's very easy...if I could do it...you can can do it...just click the link and it will walk you through the steps of imbedding it in the html of your blog.

15 comments:

Heidi said...

Hi Abby! You already know I read your blog...I've been a faithful reader since I found out about it! Love keeping up on your fun life! :)

Eileen Short said...

I love looking to see if you've posted again...I check more that once a day.
Your blog makes me smile.
Can we have another belly shot soon?

:)

Mira and Eric said...

Hi Abby! I am a faithful reader :) Now I'm curious about google analytics...do I want to know???

Anonymous said...

hey hey Miss Abby! Love from Meredith in Boston - your biggest fan on Beacon Street (and east coast promoter of your homemade sandwich bags). :)

Kristin said...

Hi Abby! It's Kristin!

jill said...

hi abby---it's jill! have you clicked on the map feature so you can see within a state where someone lives (regionally) and how many times they've viewed. a tad creepy, but also cool.

love yooooooou!
xo,
j

KristyWes said...

Hey Abby,

Meredith B. tipped me off to your blog, so I'm a follower, too! Love me some blog-reading; it gets me through the work-day! :) And love living vicariously through your tales of the open road!

-Kristy

The Wallenfangs said...

hi abby! i'm megan. we met about 11 years ago in Albion Michigan. it's really great reading about all that you are doing every day. it feels as close to being neighbors without actually being neighbors. let's stay in touch! ;)

sush said...

Hi Abby! Meg told me about your blog and I do enjoy reading it - its so fun to see what you're up to when you're not in Tucson!

Anonymous said...

Well Abby, you'll just have to get use to the idea of having friends in low/warm/cold/and high places.
Love from Brown's Clearing Game Master Newaygo, Michigan.

Jana's Blog said...

It's me, Jana! Love that you are doing this...

Natalie said...

Hi Abby! It's Natalie...Love your blog, its so fun to read about all your adventures! Also fun when I get published on here after a visit with you. ;)

Tristy said...

Hey Abs....It's Tristy.....um, your cousin but you already know that. You also know that I read your blog! I am going to add that feature to my blog...Inquiring minds would like to know! However, I am still trying to figure out how to add "Goodreads" to my blog. UGH. If only I had time!
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Abby! It's Kristy from Boston, yet another loyal reader. Love this blog! :) Miss you!

Claire Gallou said...

Hi Abby! It's Claire, as in Claire and Peter in Boston, well, Andover... Faithful reader! Love to you and Ryan