Much of our time was spent in front of the fireplace...knitting, reading, playing music (Ryan on mandolin and me on guitar), and watching my belly to see the baby moving around.
There were several great walking areas that we explored...the rim walk, woodland lake, and the turkey trail. It was seriously one of the best trips. I don't think I've experienced relaxation to that degree in a long time.
Oh, and we made lots of yummy meals...including farm animal shaped waffles. :)
On our last day there, we woke up to SNOW! I had been "worried" that this would be my first winter not seeing any snow...but I have nothing to be worried about now. I do miss big blizzard-like snowstorms though. The kind that more than just coat the ground...the kind where its so gorgeous out you don't want to ruin it by driving, but rather just walk around and feel the silence and beauty that is all around.
So glad we got to have this weekend getaway together!
3 comments:
Did you every think that you would receive so much enjoyment watching your belly? Love, Mom
Abby, has it really been 4 years? It feels like just yesterday we were in Cambridge watching you dance and eating brown and green M&Ms. :) Congrats! -Kristy
yep--that pretty much looks heavenly! i think your idea of going once a week is perfect
love,
megan
Post a Comment