Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Fire Brigade...
Nothing like a little morning excitement at the Green house today! This morning I was out and about running errands and then came home and parked the car in the garage and shut the garage door. Totally normal behavior. About an hour later I was in the back part of the house where the garage and house attach, and smelled smoke. I opened the door that leads to the garage and sure enough the entire garage was filled with smoke! Ack! I opened the garage door to air it out and called 911. Two full-size fire engines, 2 "ambulance size" fire engines, and 13 firemen arrived. The street was blocked. Neighbors were out gawking. It was really quite the scene. Turns out something under the hood of our car was smoking...I'd get technical here, as I really know cars, but I figure my blog audience probably doesn't care too much about the details. :) (aka, I really have no clue about cars, but if you do...the heater core went out). Our car was towed to our mechanic, and luckily it was under $100 to repair it. Had this not happened when it did parked like this, they said it could have really been quite the car fire next time I drove it as all of my radiator fluid was gone as well. They were great. Thanks Tucson Fire Department!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh my word!!! SO glad to hear that it was a relatively cheap repair. And such great response time! I'm sure it was the closest thing they got to a fire all day. :)
Wow! Glad it didn't become any worse. Love, Mom
glad to hear you are okay.
miss you and just keep waiting for the phone to ring with news of another green!
xoxo,
j
love that you can insert humor into your drama (heater core made me lol!)
happy everything is ok!!
yikes! i'm so glad that you guys are ok. and that's a great blessing that the repair was fairly minor. i hope the next big excitement in your life is labor!!!
love,
megan
Post a Comment