Saturday, May 01, 2010

workin...

My connection with Cafe 54 really is the sweetest hook-up I could imagine. Last week they called to see if I'd be interested in coming in and doing some paper work for them. Whatever hours I want to work. However many days I want to work. And, I can bring Ezra with me. Sweet, no?

Now, just to give you a little background information, the Cafe is a job training program for adults with mental illness. And next door to the cafe is a day center for adults with mental illness who are not job ready to hang out at and learn computer skills, write poetry, make friends, etc. I was actually using the space in the day center to do my paper work and got many of the clients coming in to say hello and meet Ezra. And, not once, but twice (by two different people), I was asked if he was my grandson!?! Really? My grandson? Oh dear, those gray hairs aren't hidden as well as I thought they were.

Then, another client came in.
"What's your baby's name?"
"Ezra"
"Oh, is that like Ezro but with an "A" at the end?"
(I kid you not Megan, this conversation happened the day after you commented on my blog about his name!)

Oh, how I love the laughs I get at work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! how wonderful that you are able to work at the cafe right now! and the environment there is too precious!

love,
megan