Sunday, June 13, 2010

Back in the kitchen...

Our breadmaker had been out of commission for almost a year because we lost the little paddle that kneads the dough. If you know us, you know that this was a big deal because we used our breadmaker on a weekly basis. The little part (which is literally less than 2" big) cost $25 to replace. Based on principle alone, I was unwilling to buy this because a new breadmaker is $80...how in the world can that little part make up more than a quarter of the price? Well, lucky for us (and for you if you live nearby and invite us over for dinner and request us to bring bread)...we were gifted a new paddle!!
Our breadmaker was sooo excited to be back in use, that it almost exploded out the top with an extra tall loaf!


In our bountiful basket this weekend we received 2 coconuts! Never having cooked with fresh coconut, I had to look up a recipe online. We decided to have coconut crusted chicken for dinner. It was quite tasty, but would have been even better with a dipping sauce of some sort.







The process of preparing the coconut was fun...I can't wait until Ezra is a little older and join us in preparing dinners like this!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yikes?!! are tools required to open a coconut? a dangerous operation indeed! but the result looks very delicious!

glad that you are making bread again! it looks mighty yummy too!

love,
megan

Stephanie said...

Coconut-crusted chicken sounds delicious! I absolutely love coconut, but I rarely cook with it because my husband's not a big fan.

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net