I have owned three cars previous to this one.
In High School I had a 1989 red 2 door Ford Escort (here is a random google image to give you an idea):

For 1/2 of college I had a 1989 white Ford Taurus (it died my Sophomore year):

I went car-less for the rest of college and for my entire time out in Boston. When we moved to Tucson we bought Gray Beauty. A 1987 Nissan Sentra....
She died this summer, and since then we've been scrounging around borrowing cars and being ultra blessed by people just showing up and saying, "here you go, you can use our car until you get one...no hurry." It's been amazing really that we were able to go for 8 months without a car of our own!
But, now the day has come. Here is our 2002 Toyota Prius!
We have been averaging about 45 mpg, and couldn't be more excited to own a hybrid!
Oh, and her name you ask? G3 (Green-color, Green-last name, and Green-for the environment)...and one of Ryan's favorite concerts in high school was also called the G3 because it had 3 guitar shredders...or at least that is why I think it was called that. :)
3 comments:
three cheers for G3!!! super exciting!
love,
megan
Wow. 8 months without a car? That is inspiring.
Congrats on the new one. I love cars that get good gas mileage (now you're making me miss our Camry...).
stephanie@metropolitanmama.net
Love the new car! I have a picture of us sitting on the trunk of your white Taurus and maybe eating some road trip Combos :)
-Mira
Post a Comment