Monday, January 03, 2011

Uncommon Childhood

Most of you have probably heard me talk about our friends, The Millers. They are the ones who took their 4 (young) children biking around the world for a year. Yes, that's right around the world. They are dreamers and explorers, and they love to encourage others to be the same. They are currently living in Guatemala for the winter...and then come spring they will move back to New England and camp for the summer. Outside the box? Yes. Idyllic? Affirmative. Would I want to live that way? Absolutely.

Jenn Miller just launched a website called Uncommon Childhood (click the link, I know it's hard to see because of my new font, but it's there) to share a collection of encouraging stories of how you can also create an "uncommon childhood" (or adulthood for that matter) whether you live at home or on the road. I have read every article, and have found each one to be totally inspiring.

Perhaps you remember my proud earth day announcement a few years ago about being published? Well, here again (on similar subject matter) I was asked to write an article that was published on Uncommon Childhood. I plan to be a regular contributor, so if you have any topic ideas for me to write on, please share in the comments!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful diaper post abby! it looks like I'll be visiting that site often---so encouraging!

love,
megan

Eileen Short said...

you're famous! Loved reading this article...though I'm pretty sure I already read it...I think a friend sent me a link or something...crazy huh?!
Thanks for sharing this post!

Stephanie said...

I am SO HAPPY that you introduced me to Jennifer Miller. What a woman she is - encouraging, strong, creative, and brave!

I love the premise of "Uncommon Childhood" and hope to stop in there regularly for inspiration + ideas.

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net