Many of you who live out of state have emailed and called to make sure we are okay. I thought I'd send a blog update to say that yes, we are alive and well, but feeling sad. The shooting yesterday struck us both harder than we expected. And then even a bit harder last night when we learned that a high school classmate of Ryan's was one of the victims that died. We had hung out with Gabe Zimmerman and his fiance less than a year ago, so our memories of him are fresh. My heart totally aches for his fiance. I truly can't even imagine what she must be going through.
Today I learned that one of the elderly men injured was the husband of the doula who teaches our mom and baby group at the Birth Center. He had surgery and appears to be doing well.
The fact that Gabrielle is still alive continues to be a praise for us. Please join us in praying that she has a full recovery.
2 comments:
I'm so sorry about Gabe and all the victims and am praying prayers of healing and peace for all.
Mira
Such a tragedy. We prayed for all of the people involved as a family tonight...the whole thing makes my heart ache.
stephanie@metropolitanmama.net
Post a Comment