Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Learning Tower

Ryan recently built a learning tower for Ezra. While it was still in the works, I was super excited about having it, but I had no idea just how wonderful of a thing it would be. It is amazing!


Ezra has been on a bit of an eating strike lately, however if he is up at the counter making food with me, he'll eat it! Tonight we were picking the ends off of green beans, and I'm sure he ate at least one-third of them. If I make him a smoothie and hand it to him, he wants nothing to do with it, but if he helps me make the smoothie...he can't wait to get his hands on it and drink every last drop.

And, even more, I can actually cook dinner and have us both be happy in the process. If I hand him the measuring spoon, he'll dump it in the bowl. Or, who doesn't just love stirring corn starch and water together to pass the time while mama is cooking?? I keep handing him additional cups of water to pour in with the corn starch, and he gets soo excited.

I will say, our kitchen has become a whole lot messier in the process of having him help me, but the fun definitely outweighs the extra clean-up.

Here he is helping me make peanut butter/ maple syrup cookies...we were both a gooey mess and required baths afterward. :)






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the tower looks beautiful! good job ryan!!

the kitchen is such a great place for family time. I love it too! and I'm glad to hear that you have found the perfect way to get him eating!

love,
megan

Anonymous said...

I see a new "Naked Chef"!

Please tell be the smoothie wasn't green bean.

Enjoy the time, he is growing up so fast.

Love,
Mom

jill + oakley said...

so amazing...did the green bean craze start in maine?!

xo,
j